KCIS Fellowship Program
IIIT Hyderabad is currently home to over 125 PhD, 250 MS by Research and 1,250 undergraduate students who are self-starting, innovative and resourceful.
Kohli Center on Intelligent Systems (KCIS) at IIIT Hyderabad is seeking bright, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to the Kohli PhD Fellowship in the broad areas of Intelligence Systems. KCIS was established in 2015 with a generous donation from TCS Foundation to accelerate research and innovation in Artificial Intelligence and related areas. These areas are on the verge of major breakthrough as computing power, data, models, machine learning, etc., have come together in the recent years. Kohli Scholars will work at the forefront of these areas under the guidance of the eminent faculty at IIIT Hyderabad as well as with a network of global collaborators.
Highlights of KCIS Fellowship
- Program: Calling for KCIS Fellowship full-time applications for PhD programs for both Summer 2016 and Winter 2016
- Stipend: A monthly stipend of INR 40,000/- (1st & 2nd year) and INR 50,000/- (3rd & 4th year) will be paid to the scholars, in addition to the tuition fees of the institute. They are also eligible to a one-time purchase of a laptop worth a maximum of INR 50,000/-
- Duration: Maximum period of 4 years (as applicable for the specific program) from the start of the fellowship for each candidate. The current round of annual awards will commence between June & August 2016 (Summer Program) and October & December 2016 (Winter Program)
- Conference Support: Domestic and overseas travel for attending up to 2 renowned international conferences for every eligible candidate during the fellowship program will be supported.
- A maximum of 5 fellowships to be awarded in each cycle
Applications will be considered in all subject areas related to Intelligence Systems, especially in the area of NLP, Speech, Data Analytics, Robotics, Cognitive Sciences, Visual Information Professing, etc.
Eligibility to Qualify for the Fellowship
- BTech/BE/MCA/MSc or an MTech/ME/MS Tech seeking full-time PhD of any stream with an exposure in Artificial Intelligence
- Resident of India or willing to relocate to India for the duration of the research program
- Great academic background relevant to the proposed programme of research
- The eligibility conditions should be met before the start of study at IIIT, Hyderabad
- Passion for research in a challenging and stimulating milieu
Other eligibility/admission criteria will be decided each year.
Admission to the programs will be based on one or more of the following inputs:
- Past academic and professional record and recommendation letters
- Performance in national/international tests for PG programs
- Performance in the written tests & interviews organized by IIIT Hyderabad
Fill this registration form in order to apply for the program.
Deadline for Submission of Application
June 30th, 2016 (Summer Program) and October 31st, 2016 (Winter Program)
- Selection will be based on top-of-class academic achievement, merit of application and suitability of the candidature for the proposed Fellowship
- An applicant must have a BTech/BE/MCA/MSc or an MTech/ME/MS in CS/IT/EE/ECE or other disciplines as may be announced, from a recognized university/Institute
- The area of research should be realistic in scope, clearly formulated and relevant to Intelligent Systems
- Applicants should display a thorough knowledge of the major concepts and methods in the applicant's discipline
- Relevant experience in the industry solving real problems would be an added advantage